top of page


Restaurant Insurance

Restaurants are exposed to a wide range of risks that make them vulnerable to lawsuits and other crippling liabilities. Kitchens can be dangerous, food can go bad, and large numbers of people frequenting restaurants are obvious risk factors. Restaurant insurance protects against these types of risk and helps prevent financial situations that are impossible to overcome.

Protect yourself and your livelihood. Our team of experts can help you find dependable coverage so you can concentrate on what matters most – your food and customers.

Who needs it?

Businesses that cook and serve food should have adequate restaurant insurance. Business types can include:

  • Bars / Taverns

  • Cafés / Coffee shops

  • Diners

  • Delis

  • Food delivery services

  • Fast food franchises

  • Lounges

  • Pizzerias

  • Sandwich shops

  • And many more!

What does it cost?

Each restaurant has its own unique qualities that expose them to different types of risk. For this reason, the cost varies from business to business. Common factors that influence your rate include the types of food you sell, cooking methods, and your building and employees, to name a few.

For example, a small coffee shop with limited cooking can expect their insurance cost to differ from a large tavern with a bar and full-sized industrial kitchen with fryers and ovens.

For a custom rate that best matches your restaurant, start a quote online, or call us today.

Basic insurance for restaurants

  • Business Owners Policy (BOP): Packages commercial property and liability coverage into one policy. This is a very common insurance strategy for restaurants.

  • Workers’ Compensation: Protects if your employees become injured or ill while at work.

  • General Liability: A fundamental coverage that protects restaurants against lawsuits and other financial liabilities resulting from accidents or other mishaps. This includes things like food illness, and customer slips and falls.

Other coverages restaurants might need

  • Commercial Auto: Typically needed if you have a vehicle used for deliveries or other business use.

Image by Siyuan
bottom of page